Below are some match reports and highlights from the latest matches played by the Nantwich Town Youth Teams.

Nantwich Town Under 7 Clarets

On Sunday the newly-formed Under-7 Clarets had their first ever game in the Crewe Primary Stars Under 7’s league. With new coaches Alan and Joe, leading Nantwich’s latest recruits Harry, Jenson, Noah, Harrison, Oscar, Lucas and Blake, they took on Crewe FC Girls.

The Clarets took the lead, scoring a couple of early goals before having nervous moments at the back giving away two penalties.

Fortunately for the team, Noah saved both. From there on, goals for the Clarets carried on coming, Harrison, Harry, Jenson, Noah and Lucas all scoring.

By the time the final whistle was blown, The Clarets had run out 10-0 winners.

Nantwich Town U12 Greens

FC Werrington Tigers U12 v Nantwich Town U12 Greens.

The match was held at a really nice facility on a pristine 3G pitch.

Early Greens attacks had a Billy Newman shot go just wide and an Anthony James effort hit the post.

George Perry opened the scoring after just nine minutes for the Greens following a drive into the box and some great interplay between the Greens attackers before the ball was worked across to George to drive low into far corner. George added another five minutes later with a spinning effort than beat the keeper and rolled over the line.

Charlie Grimshaw added a third just a minute later and soon added a fourth with a right-footed shot. George Perry then completed his hat-trick twenty-one minutes into the match.

Dominic James in goal pulled off a save just before the break to keep a clean sheet and saw the visitors going in at half time holding a 5-0 lead.

The second half saw few chances for either side with each goalkeeper mopping up any goal bound efforts with ease.

The energy displayed in the first half by the Greens could not be maintained but their defence remained solid throughout to keep the lines clear and feed the midfield and snuffing out the hosts attacks before they had the chance to develop.

The Greens played the game out with control and composure to see a well deserved 5:0 win for the visitors.

Man of the match for the Greens was Anthony James.

Nantwich Town Under 10 Yellows

Nantwich Town Under 10 Yellows started 2020 in the same form they ended 2019, comfortably beating Ruskin Park Raiders 4-2 despite the apparent closeness of the scoreline.

Nantwich were always in control of the game so it was a surprise when they went in at half time 1-0 down, an unfortunate own goal from Daniel on seven minutes. The half-time team talk from coach Andy O’Neil assured the boys that they were playing the right way and the goals would come.

They came out on the front foot in the second half and after twenty-two minutes Zac hit the post. Despite this setback, Nantwich showed their character and immediately tried again, with Joey rifling in the equalizer from a tight angle on twenty-three minutes. Nantwich kept playing their possession-based passing game but again were the victims of some bad luck when George deflected in to his own net from a corner on thirty-two minutes.

Zac levelled just a minute later to make it 2-2, then on thirty-five minutes George made amends by breaking out of defence to set up Izaac for the third on thirty-five minutes. Riley then settled the game on thirty-eight minutes with a smart left foot finish, and leave Nantwich the 4-2 victors having scored all the goals in the game.

Izaac was the well deserved Man of the Match.

The record this season now stands at played 14, won 13 and drawn 1 with 60 goals scored and 14 conceded.

Nantwich Town U16s

The U16’s made the trip to play Stoke Athletic for our first league game of the New Year.

We started very brightly & were 1-0 up within 3 minutes from Will after good work from Oliver. We continued to dominate possession & created a number of chances but couldn’t find a way past their keeper & resolute defence. Once again we were made to pay for not extending our lead – in the 25th minute we never dealt with a Stoke corner & it fell to one of their players who fired into an empty net – 1-1. Then a minute later we lost the ball in a central position just outside our box, the Stoke player who won the ball, hit a powerful shot that took a deflection over the dive of Lewis & into the roof of the net – 1-2 at half time.

We continued the 2nd half exactly as the 1st & equalised in the 45th minute through an Oliver strike after a neat pass from James – 2-2. We continued to create chance after chance, but just couldn’t find the goal to put us back in the lead. Then came the ‘sucker punch’ in the 74th minute – a Stoke player rode 3 challenges & hit a shot from the edge of the box into the far corner of the net – 2-3.

We pushed hard to equalise, but couldn’t find the required finish. Then with seconds remaining in added-on time, we gained a free kick in the Stoke half, the ball was delivered into the box & cleared, but it ended up back at Fin’s feet, who hit a screamer from a central position, taking a slight deflection into the top left corner of the goal – 3-3 – & that’s how it ended seconds later!