Nantwich Town 0-4 Mickleover FC The Dabbers five game unbeaten run came to a disappointing end on Tuesday evening as they were thrashed 4-0 by in form Mickleover FC at the Optimum Pay Stadium.

Dave Cooke’s men started the game the brighter of the two sides and their first opportunity came after just two minutes when Scott McGowan picked up a loose ball and drove into the box, as the Mickleover defenders applied the pressure to him he shot straight at the keeper, the option to play in Sean Cooke who was unmarked in the box was probably the better option. Two minutes later the Dabbers had another good opportunity as Sean Cooke picked up the ball in the middle of park before finding Callum Saunders who saw his low shot saved well by the keeper.

In the eighth minute the visitors had their first chance of the game as Andrew Wright saw his long range shot well saved by Greg Hall was able to tip the strike around the post. After a good start for The Dabbers they had let Mickleover into the game and they were starting to dominate. In the 18th minute they made their domination count as Nantwich failed to clear a corner and the ball eventually fell to Phil Watt who fired his low strike into the bottom corner from the left side of the box. Greg Hall got a hand to it, but couldn’t keep it out.

After taking the lead, the visitors were now pushing to double their lead, in the 28th minute former Wycombe Wanderers strike Stuart Beavon rattled the post with a strike from the left side of the box, four minutes later Mason Warren got on the end of a loose Prince Haywood back pass, Warren looked to lift it over the on rushing Greg Hall but his chip went just wide of the goal much to the relief of the Dabbers keeper. The home side had really taken control of the game and they came close to scoring once again in the 34th minute, as Beavon dispossessed Prince Haywood before he found George Milner who was unmarked in the box, The Mickleover midfielder had acres of space but all he could do was drag his shot well wide of the left post.

As the referee signalled the break, The Dabbers knew that they have a lot of work to do to get back into the game. Nantwich manager Dave Cooke would have been furious at some of his players performances, so he would have been hoping that is words at half time motivated them to play better in the second half as his side looked to get back into the game.

However, with just two minutes gone of the second period, the visitors doubled their lead as Jake Bennett won the ball on the edge of the box before cutting inside and firing low, last Greg Hall to make the scores 2-0 and give Nantwich a mountain to climb if they wanted to get anything out of the game. After a pulsating start, The Dabbers had gone very flat and individual errors were proving very costly, Mike Koral was the next culprit as he fell over his own feet, which then allowed Adam Wright to pounce on the loose ball before firing his strike from outside the area straight at Greg Hall.

Ten minutes into the second half, The Dabbers had their first effort at goal. Sean Cooke was tripped on the edge of the area in a dangerous position for the left footed Callum Saunders, The Welshman got his freekick up and over wall, but it just whistled the wrong side of the post. The visitors killed the game on the hour mark as the dangerous Stuart Beavon raced through on goal before squaring to Patrick Webb who beat Hall to the hall before squeezing home at the back post.

It was all too easy for the visitors who were breaking down through the Dabbers back line like a knife through butter. In the 65th minute Dave Cooke sent on Joe Mwasile who looked lively, he linked up well with Scott McGowan before the latter fired hole from close range. Mwasile came close again moments later after Josh Langley found him with a ball in the from right, however Mwasile fired over with his strike on goal.

With five minutes left of the game to go the game was all but over, however, the away side were still looking to add more goals, in the 86th minute they added a fourth goal as George Milner fired towards goal and Greg Hall got down well to save but he could only parry into path of former Crewe Alex loanee Aman Verma who fired home the rebound to complete the demolition job. The referee signalled the end of that was a dominant performance from the visitors who showed the 301 attendees just why they’re the form side in the league, if the can keep maintain their good form after the lockdown then they we will certainly be there of thereabouts come the end of the season.

For Nantwich it was a disappointing evening as they never really got going and they’re ere unable to deal with the threat that Mickleover posed. After the game Dave Cooke told us “It was a disappointing day at the office, they were miles better than us on the night. Defeats are all part of football though and we know have a month to put things right” The Nantwich manager also praised the supporters who have covered a lot of miles to support his boys over the last 2 months “A big thanks to the supporters, We hope they stay safe and we will see you after lockdown”