Nantwich Town Football Club currently have an exciting opportunity for a confident and ambitious candidate to become one of the clubs Press Officers.
The role perfectly suits an aspiring sports journalist who is passionate about writing about football and wishes to work in the industry.
Nantwich Town currently play their league games in the Northern Premier League Premier Division, they play their games on Saturday’s and midweek nights. The Dabbers also play in a several cup competitions including the FA Trophy and the FA Cup.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn the trade in a semi-professional football environment, plus gain real-life experience to add to your CV.
Press Officer Roles:
– Adding content and maintaining the Nantwich Town website.
– Attending all first-team matches, and covering the games on social media.
– Writing match reports for both the club website and for published local newspapers
– Filming the full matches and also editing the footage to create a highlights package which will be uploaded to YouTube.
– Conducting player and manager interviews
– Social media – using Twitter, Facebook & Instagram to keep supporters informed of all things to do with the club on a day-to-day basis.
– Sending news articles to the local press.
– Being the first point of contact for all outside journalists and reporters, maintaining an excellent relationship with the press.
– Liaise with other members of the media team to talk about the content that is posted and also to decide which jobs are fulfilled on a matchday.
The right candidate will need strong writing skills as a large part of this role will be writing and editing articles for both traditional media and online.
Experience in this area would be an advantage, but not completely necessary.
This fulfilling and rewarding role does require a high level of passion and commitment. The successful candidate will be required to attend as many games as possible, both home and away. These can include trips to places like Whitby, Morpeth and South Shields which are long-distance journeys for the club and require early starts on the team coach and late returns home.
This role would require you to be available on all Saturdays throughout the season, as well as several midweek evenings from 5-6pm onwards.
The role is voluntary/unpaid but it will bring immense job satisfaction and excellent future career prospects to get such sought-after work experience.
– Based in the local area (South Cheshire, North Staffordshire)
– Can easily commute to and from home games (own transport advantageous), as well as get to the majority of away games (either via own transport or by meeting at the club share with other club officials & players. There is the occasional away game where we will hire a team bus)
– Be able to commit to the majority Saturdays and Tuesdays
– Strong written, audio/visual and interpersonal skills
– A knowledge of football, with a focus on non-league football.
– Experience of working in a sports environment
– The ability to use Adobe photoshop
– The ability to edit footage of the games to send to the management or the league if they require it
– A knowledge of non-league football. This is not essential but would be beneficial.
How to apply:
Send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]. if you require any more information about the role then feel free to drop us a message and we’ll be happy to assist. Good luck