Nantwich Town Football Club are looking for an aspiring journalist to join the club’s media team ahead of the 2018-19 season. This is a voluntary role which will offer you the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience to produce content for the club and improve the club’s media presence both in print and digital media.
‘The Dabbers’ finished 4th in the Evo-Stik Premier Division last season, which saw them reach the play-off semi-finals. In addition, the club won their second consecutive Cheshire Senior Cup and stood atop the league standings for a period of the season, not to mention being underdogs in the bid for promotion.
- Reporting to the Head of Media, the role will be responsible for the production and delivery of the club’s editorial content via digital and social media channels.
- Producing match previews for all league and cup matches
- Writing match reports for both the club website and for published newspapers including the Non-League Paper, Crewe Chronicle and the Sentinel.
- A weekly report of news around the league
- Adding content to the club’s website, which may include player profiles, commercial materials, club statements, interviews with players/coaching staff/officials, and newsletters
- Developing and implementing new ways of driving traffic to the club’s media channels
- Aiding the current setup in pre, during and post-match media
- Contributing to the club’s matchday programme
You are also expected to provide your own equipment in order to do the job, but the club will provide you with training for using our platforms. The successful candidate will be required to attend as many games as possible, primarily home fixtures, though there is the opportunity to attend away games.
- Can easily commute to and from home games (own transport advantageous), as well as get to the majority of away games the candidate has agreed to attend (either via own transport or by travelling to the club and going to games on the team coach)
- Be able to commit to the majority of Saturdays and Tuesdays throughout the season
- Have a passion for writing, preferably sports/football based
- Knowledge of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram)
- A knowledge of football in general, with a strong focus on the non-league level
- The role would suit somebody who is currently studying a Media, Journalism or English Literature degree at University or at College
It would be preferable for the candidate to have experience in the area or a similar field, though this is not essential as training can be arranged if neccessary.
How to apply
We require a CV and a short cover letter explaining the motivation behind your application. Send your response by midnight on Friday 31st May 2019. Any samples demonstrating your writing abilities would be beneficial. We will respond to all applications as soon as possible. Please send all applications to email@example.com to register your interest.
*These responsibilities will be shared between the club’s media team
« Back to all news